French translation of 'off-peak'
[period, time, hour] creux (creuse)
[telephone call] à tarif réduit (aux heures creuses)
at off-peak times aux heures creuses[train, electricity] en période creuse
It’s cheaper to go on holiday off-peak. C’est moins cher de partir en vacances hors saison.
to phone off-peak appeler pendant les heures creuses
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'off-peak'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
It can take advantage of cheaper electricity tariffs available at off-peak times.Times, Sunday Times (2012)
Most importantly, they will let utilities control demand by giving discounts for off-peak energy use.Times, Sunday Times (2009)
Shoppers who clip discount coupons may tend to shop during off-peak hours when stores are less congested.Microeconomics: Price Theory in Practice (1995)
Consider if you could use a cheaper off-peak membership.The Sun (2012)
In tests that included calling standard landlines and mobile phones at peak and off-peak times, quality was only slightly poorer than standard calls.Times, Sunday Times (2007)
Plan ahead and try to go at off-peak times.Times, Sunday Times (2007)
Companies should be obliged to run slots at peak and off-peak times.Times, Sunday Times (2006)
Trends of 'off-peak'
Used Rarely. off-peak is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'off-peak' in Other Languages
British English: off-peak /ˈɒfˌpiːk/ ADVERB
If things are available off-peak, they are available at a time when there is less demand for them, so they are cheaper than usual.
Calls cost less per minute off-peak.
- American English: off-peak
- Arabic: فِي غَيرِ وَقْتِ الْذُرُوَّةِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: menos movimentado
- Chinese: 在非高峰期
- Croatian: izvansezonski
- Czech: mimo špičku
- Danish: når der ikke er spidsbelastning
- Dutch: buiten de spits
- European Spanish: fuera de la hora punta
- Finnish: sesonkiajan ulkopuolella
- French: aux heures creuses
- German: außerhalb der Hauptverkehrszeiten
- Greek: εκτός αιχμής
- Italian: fuori ore di punta
- Japanese: ピーク時でなく
- Korean: 한산한 때에
- Norwegian: lav-
- Polish: poza godzinami szczytu
- European Portuguese: menos movimentado
- Romanian: în afara orelor de vârf
- Russian: внесезонный
- Spanish: fuera de la hora pico
- Swedish: låg-
- Thai: ซึ่งมีราคาถูกและไม่ใช่ช่วงที่นิยม
- Turkish: iş saatleri dışında
- Ukrainian: який відбувається не в годину пік
- Vietnamese: ngoài giờ cao điểm
British English: off-peak ADJECTIVE
You use off-peak to describe something that happens or that is used at times when there is least demand for it.
Callers now pay a bit more during peak times than during off-peak times.
Translation of off-peak from the Collins English to French
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Unlock French with the Paul Noble method