French translation of 'outweigh'
- [benefits, disadvantages, risks]
⇒ The advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
Les avantages l'emportent de loin sur les inconvénients.
Example Sentences Including 'outweigh'
For once, he was convinced the positive elements of their relationship were starting to outweigh the bitter memories of the past.THE LAST TEMPTATION (2002)
His bribery payments to city officials far outweigh the money he donates to charity.Alastair McLean's 'Night Watch'
`But surely the possible murder of one of their nationals would outweigh any fear of scandal?Toy Shop
Trends of 'outweigh'
View usage over:
'outweigh' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: ter mais valor do que
- Chinese: > 超过在重要性或意义上
- European Spanish: pesar más que
- French: l'emporter sur
- German: schwerer wiegen als
- Italian: avere maggior peso di
- Japanese: よりまさる
- Korean: ~보다 중요하다
- Portuguese: ter mais valor do que
- Spanish: pesar más que
Translation of outweigh from the Collins English to French Dictionary