French translation of 'overcast'
- [afternoon, morning]
⇒ The sky was overcast.
Le ciel était couvert.
⇒ For three days it was overcast.
Pendant trois jours, le temps a été couvert.
Example Sentences Including 'overcast'
Over the centuries the creek had carved itself a deep trench to run in, its shallow, speeding waters overcast with antediluvian ferns.EVERVILLE (2001)
I was seated on the pavement beneath overcast skies, eating yet another salad.THE CALLIGRAPHER (2003)
It was overcast , light mist, with the occasional patch of heavy fog.Cormorant
Trends of 'overcast'
View usage over:
'overcast' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُعْتِم
- Brazilian Portuguese: nublado nublada
- Chinese: 阴天的
- Croatian: oblačan oblačna
- Czech: oblačný
- Danish: overskyet
- Dutch: bewolkt
- European Spanish: encapotado encapotada
- Finnish: pilvinen
- French: couvert
- German: bedeckt Himmel
- Greek: νεφοσκεπής
- Italian: coperto coperta
- Japanese: 曇った
- Korean: 잔뜩 흐린
- Norwegian: overskyet
- Polish: przygnębiony przygnębiona
- Portuguese: nublado nublada
- Romanian: înnorat înnorat, înnorată, înnorați, înnorate
- Russian: затянутый облаками затянутая облаками
- Spanish: encapotado encapotada
- Swedish: mulen mulet
- Thai: มีเฆมมาก
- Turkish: bulutlu
- Ukrainian: хмарний
- Vietnamese: u ám
Translation of overcast from the Collins English to French Dictionary