French translation of overgrown
envahi(e) par la végétationto be overgrown with weeds
être envahi par les mauvaises herbes
an overgrown child (= immature adult)
un grand enfanthe's just an overgrown schoolboy
ce n'est qu'un éternel écolier
Example Sentences Including 'overgrown'
In less than three minutes, Stone had turned down a rutted dirt road, overgrown on either side with dead weeds.Cormorant
There was a considerable Gothic charm, although in places, everything seemed overgrown , the undergrowth rampant.A Season in Hell
The projecting ears were tufted, and the eyebrows bristled with greying unclipped hairs, forming an overgrown ridge above the eyes.Man's Loving Family
Trends of 'overgrown'
View usage over:
'overgrown' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: coberto de vegetação
- Chinese: > 漫生的无人照料而野草
- European Spanish: cubierto de cubierta de
- French: envahi par la végétation envahie par la végétation
- German: überwuchert
- Italian: invaso dalla vegetazione invasa dalla vegetazione
- Japanese: 茂りすぎた
- Korean: > 웃자란작물이
- Portuguese: coberto de vegetação
- Spanish: cubierto de cubierta de
Translation of overgrown from the Collins English to French Dictionary
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Related Terms of 'overgrown'