French translation of police officer
Example Sentences Including 'police officer'
Then from his wallet he extracted a laminated card that was familiar to every senior police officer in Britain.A Matter of Conscience
From outside they heard someone shouting, `The Betts have been arrested for assaulting a police officer.The White Dove
It was hard, he thought, for a police officer to make friends outside the force.Sleep While I Sing
Trends of 'police officer'
View usage over:
- (in military)
- (also police officer)
policier(‑ière) m f
⇒ Thank you, Officer.
Merci Monsieur l'agent.
- [of organization]
membre m du bureau directeur
Example Sentences Including 'officer'
The Kessel 12th January 1943 Dear Captain Voss, An officer arrived today saying that he had come to pick up your brother.THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (2002)
At the other end of the wire in his small office in Rome, the duty officer replaced the receiver with a thoughtful frown.THE KEYS OF HELL (2002)
He recalled the advice of a police college training officer.CASCADES - THE DAY OF THE DEAD (2001)
'police officer' in Other Languages
- Arabic: شُرْطِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: policial
- Chinese: 警官
- Croatian: policajac
- Czech: policista policistka
- Danish: politibetjent
- Dutch: politiebeambte
- European Spanish: agente de policía
- Finnish: poliisi
- French: gardien de la paix
- German: Polizist Polizistin
- Greek: αστυνομικός
- Italian: agente di polizia
- Japanese: 警察官
- Korean: 경찰관
- Norwegian: politibetjent
- Polish: policjant policjantka
- Portuguese: agente da polícia
- Romanian: ofițer de poliție ofițeri de poliție
- Russian: полицейский женщина-полицейский
- Spanish: agente de policía
- Swedish: polis
- Thai: เจ้าหน้าที่ตำรวจ
- Turkish: polis görevlisi
- Ukrainian: офіцер поліції
- Vietnamese: viên cảnh sát
Translation of police officer from the Collins English to French Dictionary
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.