French translation of 'political'
⇒ a democratic political system
un système politique démocratique
- [person] (= involved in politics)
⇒ He was always very political.
Il a toujours fait beaucoup de politique.
see also political party
Example Sentences Including 'political'
Weldon was also said to have been involved in negotiations over the fate of a political prisoner in an unnamed African country.THE EXECUTION (2002)
Now all that must be curtailed for the sake of the political alliance his mother strove to forge.THE GOLDEN FOOL: Book Two of the Tawny Man (2002)
The paper compared his political fortunes to the dead parrot in the Monty Python sketch.SPIX'S MACAW: The Race to Save the World's Rarest Bird (2002)
Trends of 'political'
View usage over:
'political' in Other Languages
- Arabic: سِيَّاسِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: político política
- Chinese: 政治的
- Croatian: politički politička
- Czech: politický
- Danish: politisk
- Dutch: politiek
- European Spanish: político política
- Finnish: poliittinen
- French: politique
- German: politisch
- Greek: πολιτικός πολιτική
- Italian: politico politica
- Japanese: 政治の
- Korean: 정치적인
- Norwegian: politisk
- Polish: polityczny polityczna
- Portuguese: político política
- Romanian: politic politică, politici, politice
- Russian: политический политическая
- Spanish: político políticarelativo a la doctrina política
- Swedish: politisk politiskt
- Thai: ที่เกี่ยวกับการเมือง
- Turkish: politik
- Ukrainian: політичний
- Vietnamese: chính trị
Translation of political from the Collins English to French Dictionary