French translation of 'railway station'
(Britain) gare f
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'railway station'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Paul Smith had a basement flat in a house in Oxford near the railway station.WIDOW'S END (2003)
I went for a stretch, passing by Custom Corner Mills, looking for the railway station.WHITE LIES (2003)
Trends of 'railway station'
In Common Usage. railway station is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'railway station' in Other Languages
British English: railway station /ˈreɪlweɪ ˈsteɪʃən/ NOUN
A railway station is a building by a railway line where trains stop so that people can get on or off.
- American English: train station
- Arabic: مَحَطَّةُ القِطَار
- Brazilian Portuguese: estação ferroviária
- Chinese: 火车站
- Croatian: željeznička postaja
- Czech: železniční stanice
- Danish: jernbanestation
- Dutch: spoorwegstation
- European Spanish: estación de tren
- Finnish: rautatieasema
- French: gare
- German: Bahnhof
- Greek: σιδηροδρομικός σταθμός
- Italian: stazione ferroviaria
- Japanese: 鉄道駅
- Korean: 철도역
- Norwegian: jernbanestasjon
- Polish: stacja kolejowa
- European Portuguese: estação ferroviária
- Romanian: gară
- Russian: вокзал
- Spanish: estación de tren
- Swedish: järnvägsstation
- Thai: สถานีรถไฟ
- Turkish: tren istasyonu
- Ukrainian: вокзал
- Vietnamese: ga xe lửa
Translation of railway station from the Collins English to French Dictionary