French translation of 'reasonable'
- (= sensible) [person, decision, behaviour]
⇒ Be reasonable!
- (= acceptable) [offer, explanation]
raisonnableit is reasonable to assume that ...see also reasonable doubt
on peut raisonnablement supposer que ...
- (= moderate) [price, rates]
- [amount, number]
- (= fairly good) [standard, quality]
⇒ He wrote a reasonable essay.
Sa dissertation était correcte.to have a reasonable chance of doing sth
avoir d'assez bonnes chances de faire qch
Example Sentences Including 'reasonable'
The oranges injected me with something lacking in my system and I approached feeling reasonable with understandable care.INSTRUMENTS OF DARKNESS (2002)
The place was generally neglected but the rent was reasonable and it was close.Let Not the Deep
With daytime, and with a reasonable five hours ' sleep beneath their belts, they had been able to tap more sources.The Scar
Trends of 'reasonable'
View usage over:
'reasonable' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مَعْقُول
- Brazilian Portuguese: razoável
- Chinese: 合理的
- Croatian: razuman razumna
- Czech: rozumný
- Danish: fornuftig
- Dutch: redelijk
- European Spanish: razonable
- Finnish: järkevä
- French: raisonnable
- German: vernünftig
- Greek: εύλογος εύλογη
- Italian: ragionevole
- Japanese: 理にかなった
- Korean: 이치에 맞는
- Norwegian: rimelig
- Polish: rozsądny rozsądna
- Portuguese: razoável
- Romanian: chibzuit chibzuit, chibzuită, chibzuiți, chibzuite
- Russian: разумный разумная
- Spanish: razonable
- Swedish: skälig skäligt
- Thai: ที่มีเหตุผล
- Turkish: mantıklı
- Ukrainian: розсудливий
- Vietnamese: biết điều
Translation of reasonable from the Collins English to French Dictionary