French translation of 'ridiculous'
⇒ Don't be ridiculous!
Ne sois pas ridicule!
⇒ You look ridiculous in that hat.
Tu es ridicule avec ce chapeau.
Example Sentences Including 'ridiculous'
Though he spoke eloquently enough his philosophy was patently idealistic and his appearance made him both alien and faintly ridiculous.LOST SUMMER (2002)
You must know by now who was in that villa...' `Don't be ridiculous , Major,' roared Rieff.THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (2002)
That's why we're all here on this ridiculous wild goose chase.LOOKING FOR ANDREW McCARTHY (2002)
Trends of 'ridiculous'
View usage over:
'ridiculous' in Other Languages
- Arabic: تافِه
- Brazilian Portuguese: ridículo ridícula
- Chinese: 荒谬的
- Croatian: smiješan smiješna
- Czech: směšný
- Danish: latterlig
- Dutch: belachelijk
- European Spanish: ridículo ridícula
- Finnish: naurettava
- French: ridicule
- German: lächerlich
- Greek: γελοίος γελοία
- Italian: ridicolo ridicola
- Japanese: ばかげた
- Korean: 웃기는
- Norwegian: latterlig
- Polish: śmieszny śmieszna
- Portuguese: ridículo ridícula
- Romanian: ridicol ridicol, ridicolă, ridicoli, ridicole
- Russian: смехотворный смехотворная
- Spanish: ridículo ridícula
- Swedish: löjlig löjligt
- Thai: น่าหัวเราะ
- Turkish: gülünç
- Ukrainian: безглуздий
- Vietnamese: lố bịch
Translation of ridiculous from the Collins English to French Dictionary