French translation of 'rocking horse'
cheval m à bascule
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'rocking horse'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Across the bay window where once, long ago, my rocking horse had stood, Florence had left a little gap between the curtains.TIME OF THE WOLF (1991)
She said matter-of-factly, `It was a whim, to see if I could find a pony just like your rocking horse.TIME OF THE WOLF (1991)
Trends of 'rocking horse'
Used Rarely. rocking horse is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'rocking horse' in Other Languages
British English: rocking horse /ˈrɒkɪŋ hɔːs/ NOUN
A rocking horse is a toy horse which a child can sit on and which can be made to rock backwards and forwards.
- American English: rocking horse
- Arabic: حِصَانٌ خَشَبِيٌّ هَزَّاز
- Brazilian Portuguese: cavalo de balanço
- Chinese: 摇摆木马
- Croatian: konjić za njihanje
- Czech: houpací kůň
- Danish: gyngehest
- Dutch: schommelpaard
- European Spanish: balancín caballo
- Finnish: keinuhevonen
- French: cheval à bascule
- German: Schaukelpferd
- Greek: ξύλινο κουνιστό αλογάκι
- Italian: cavallo a dondolo
- Japanese: 揺り木馬
- Korean: 흔들목마
- Norwegian: gyngehest
- Polish: koń na biegunach
- European Portuguese: cavalo de baloiço
- Romanian: cal de lemn
- Russian: конь-качалка
- Spanish: caballo mecedor
- Swedish: gunghäst
- Thai: ม้าโยกไม้สำหรับเด็กนั่งเล่น
- Turkish: sallanan at
- Ukrainian: коник-гойдалка
- Vietnamese: ngựa gỗ bập bênh
Translation of rocking horse from the Collins English to French Dictionary