French translation of 'sceptical'
sceptiquesceptical about sth
⇒ He is sceptical about the idea.
Il est sceptique quant à cette idée.
⇒ Many were skeptical about this solution.
Cette solution laissait beaucoup de gens sceptiques.
Example Sentences Including 'sceptical'
The watchman himself had been sceptical of Psalmanaazaar's story from the first, yet he had never been able to disbelieve it completely.Man's Loving Family
Okay,' he said as they both looked sceptical ,'I didn't want to know.YESTERDAY'S SHADOW (2002)
The third man was silent, but a faint, sceptical smile lifted his lips.Coffin on the Water
Trends of 'sceptical'
View usage over:
'sceptical' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُرْتاب
- Brazilian Portuguese: descrente
- Chinese: 怀疑的
- Croatian: skeptičan skeptična
- Czech: skeptický
- Danish: skeptisk
- Dutch: sceptisch
- European Spanish: escéptico escéptica
- Finnish: epäilevä
- French: sceptique
- German: skeptisch
- Greek: δύσπιστος δύσπιστη
- Italian: scettico scettica
- Japanese: 疑い深い
- Korean: 회의적인
- Norwegian: skeptisk
- Polish: sceptyczny sceptyczna
- Portuguese: cético
- Romanian: sceptic sceptic, sceptică, sceptici, sceptice
- Russian: скептический скептическая
- Spanish: escéptico escéptica
- Swedish: skeptisk skeptiskt
- Thai: น่าสงสัย
- Turkish: kuşkulu
- Ukrainian: скептичний
- Vietnamese: đa nghi
Translation of sceptical from the Collins English to French Dictionary