French translation of 'significant'
- (= appreciable) [number, amount, effect, improvement, difference]
- (= important) [fact, factor, change]
- (= meaningful) [look, gesture]
significatif(‑ive)it is significant that ...
il est significatif que ...
Example Sentences Including 'significant'
Briefly he wondered if the placing weren't haphazard but subconsciously significant.The Quest for K
There was a moment of anticipation as the crowd waited, but the rain was a significant deterrent.TREASON KEEP (2001)
Even Sherlock Homes would have been hard put to glean anything significant from the scene.CASCADES - THE DAY OF THE DEAD (2001)
Trends of 'significant'
View usage over:
'significant' in Other Languages
- Arabic: هامّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: significante
- Chinese: 相当大的
- Croatian: značajan značajna
- Czech: významný
- Danish: vigtig
- Dutch: aanzienlijk
- European Spanish: significativo significativa
- Finnish: merkittävä
- French: significatif
- German: bedeutsam
- Greek: βαρυσήμαντος βαρυσήμαντη
- Italian: significativo significativa
- Japanese: 重要な
- Korean: 중요한
- Norwegian: viktig
- Polish: znaczący znacząca
- Portuguese: significante
- Romanian: semnificativ semnificativ, semnificativă, semnificativi, semnificative
- Russian: значительный значительная
- Spanish: significativo significativa
- Swedish: betydelsefull betydelsefullt
- Thai: ซึ่งสำคัญ
- Turkish: önemli
- Ukrainian: вагомий
- Vietnamese: rất quan trọng
Translation of significant from the Collins English to French Dictionary