French translation of smuggle
- [goods, cigarettes, drugs] (to avoid tax)
passer en contrebandeto smuggle sth into a country
passer qch en contrebande dans un paysto smuggle sth in [forbidden thing]
faire entrer qch clandestinementto smuggle sth out
faire sortir qch clandestinement
⇒ They managed to smuggle him out of prison.
Ils ont réussi à le faire sortir de prison clandestinement.
Example Sentences Including 'smuggle'
Way out there in the darkness, men fish and smuggle , with the swoop and shadow of seagulls in their wake.SEA MUSIC (2003)
Difficult to smuggle the transceiver aboard, equally difficult to get rid of the cardiac unit that was inside the box.San Andreas
Trends of 'smuggle'
View usage over:
'smuggle' in Other Languages
- Arabic: يُهَرِّبُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: contrabandear
- Chinese: 走私
- Croatian: krijumčariti
- Czech: pašovat propašovat
- Danish: smugle
- Dutch: smokkelen
- European Spanish: pasar de contrabando
- Finnish: salakuljettaa
- French: faire de la contrebande
- German: schmuggeln
- Greek: κάνω λαθρεμπόριο
- Italian: contrabbandare
- Japanese: 密輸する
- Korean: 밀수입하다
- Norwegian: smugle
- Polish: przemycić przemycać
- Portuguese: contrabandear
- Romanian: a aduce pe furiș
- Russian: провозить контрабандой
- Spanish: pasar de contrabando
- Swedish: smuggla
- Thai: ลักลอบนำเข้า
- Turkish: kaçakçılık yapmak
- Ukrainian: провозити контрабандою
- Vietnamese: buôn lậu
Translation of smuggle from the Collins English to French Dictionary
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Related Terms of 'smuggle'