French translation of splendid
- (= very good)
- [idea, opportunity, company]
⇒ We had a splendid time.
Nous avons passé un excellent moment.
⇒ You do such splendid work.
Vous faites un travail formidable.
- (= very impressive) [building, statue]
Example Sentences Including 'splendid'
She treated him to a splendid display of transatlantic dentistry.The Quest for K
It was probably true that every front door would open into a household splendid with the latest consumer durables.Moondrop to Murder
She was only hoping, as was Kenworthy, that splendid , ordinary people had not lost their heads.Moondrop to Murder
Trends of 'splendid'
View usage over:
'splendid' in Other Languages
- Arabic: رَائِع
- Brazilian Portuguese: esplêndido esplêndida
- Chinese: 壮丽的
- Croatian: sjajan
- Czech: úžasný
- Danish: storartet
- Dutch: schitterend
- European Spanish: espléndido espléndida
- Finnish: loistava
- French: splendide
- German: großartig
- Greek: εκθαμβωτικός εκθαμβωτική
- Italian: splendido splendida
- Japanese: すばらしい
- Korean: 화려한
- Norwegian: glimrende
- Polish: wspaniały wspaniała
- Portuguese: esplêndido esplêndida
- Romanian: splendid splendid, splendidă, splendizi, splendide
- Russian: великолепный великолепная
- Spanish: espléndido espléndida
- Swedish: storartad storartat
- Thai: ยอดเยี่ยม
- Turkish: görkemli
- Ukrainian: чудовий
- Vietnamese: rất hay
Translation of splendid from the Collins English to French Dictionary