French translation of 'stick insect'
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'stick insect'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
I like my women curvy rather than like a stick insect - something to grab hold of!The Sun (2012)
When you see somebody who looks like a stick insect, it's no good keeping them alive just for your benefit.The Sun (2014)
THE days of striving to look like a stick insect are finally dead.The Sun (2013)
Trends of 'stick insect'
Used Rarely. stick insect is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'stick insect' in Other Languages
British English: stick insect /stɪkˈɪnsɛkt/ NOUN
A stick insect is an insect with a long thin body and legs.
- American English: stick insect
- Arabic: حَشَّرَةٌ عَصَّوِيَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: bicho pau inseto
- Chinese: 竹节虫
- Croatian: paličnjak
- Czech: pakobylka
- Danish: vandrende pind
- Dutch: wandelende tak
- European Spanish: insecto palo
- Finnish: sauvasirkka
- French: phasme
- German: Gespenstheuschrecke
- Greek: έντομο της οικογένειας Phasmatodea
- Italian: insetto stecco
- Japanese: ナナフシ
- Korean: 대벌레
- Norwegian: pinnedyr
- Polish: patyczak
- European Portuguese: bicho-pau insecto
- Romanian: insectă cu corp subțire si picioare lungi
- Russian: палочник
- Spanish: insecto palo
- Swedish: vandrande pinne
- Thai: แมลงที่มีลำตัวและขายาว
- Turkish: sopa çekirgesi
- Ukrainian: паличник комаха
- Vietnamese: sâu que
Translation of stick insect from the Collins English to French Dictionary