French translation of 'stranded'
to be stranded [traveller, holidaymaker]
⇒ We were stranded in Paris.
Nous étions coincés à Paris.
⇒ jellyfish that were stranded on the beach
les méduses échouées sur la plage
Example Sentences Including 'stranded'
Also, he didn't really like the idea of being stranded on his own with Leanne.GOING OUT (2002)
In the summer it was a regular occurrence for helicopters to be called out to lift off stranded motorists.A Trout in the Milk
Beyond Hemlock Cove he saw the Constantine and its stranded bulk.THE MAIN CAGES (2002)
Trends of 'stranded'
View usage over:
- [of thread]
- [of hair]
- [of wire]
- [of thread]
- (= element) [of plan, theory, idea]
Example Sentences Including 'strand'
A moment later, the current took them in to a shingle strand.Confessional
The room filled with a Japanese tone poem, which seemed to float in the air like a strand of pearls.The Broken God
She pushed a stray strand of hair out of her eyes with the back of her hand.AMAGANSETT (2004)
'stranded' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مَتْرُوك
- Brazilian Portuguese: encalhado encalhada
- Chinese: 束手无策的
- Croatian: zatočen
- Czech: uvízlý
- Danish: strandet
- Dutch: gestrand
- European Spanish: encallado encallada
- Finnish: ajautunut jonnekin, josta ei pääse pois
- French: perdu
- German: festsitzen
- Greek: χαμένος χαμένη
- Italian: bloccato bloccata
- Japanese: 立ち往生した
- Korean: 오도가도 못하는
- Norwegian: strandet
- Polish: pozostawiony własnemu losowi pozostawiona własnemu losowi
- Portuguese: encalhado encalhada
- Romanian: blocat blocat, blocată, blocați, blocate
- Russian: выброшенный на берег выброшенная на берег
- Spanish: encallado encallada
- Swedish: strandad strandat
- Thai: ติดอยู่ในที่ใดที่หนึ่ง
- Turkish: kısılıp kalmak
- Ukrainian: на мілині
- Vietnamese: bị kẹt lại
Translation of stranded from the Collins English to French Dictionary