French translation of 'stressed'
- (= not relaxed)
stressé(e)to feel stressed
être stresséto make sb feel stressed
Example Sentences Including 'stressed'
Mr Chambers, our founder, has always stressed that we are a people company, that ultimately we are about people.SOMEBODY (2002)
She seems less stressed now she's out of the main restaurant area.GOING OUT (2002)
She ran from the challenge imposed on her already tightly stressed emotions.When the Apricots Bloom
Trends of 'stressed'
View usage over:
- (= physical pressure)
- (= mental strain)
stress mto be under stress
- (= on word, syllable)
accent m tonique
- (= emphasis)
accent mto lay great stress on sth
mettre beaucoup l'accent sur qch
- (= emphasize) [point, importance, need]
mettre l'accent sur
⇒ He stressed that point in a recent TV interview.
Il a mis l'accent sur ce point récemment lors d'un entretien télévisé.I would like to stress that ...
j'aimerais souligner que ...,
j'aimerais mettre l'accent sur le fait que ...
mettre l'accent tonique sur
Example Sentences Including 'stress'
Actually, it's stress , she was assaulted by one of the clients.NOTHING TO WEAR AND NOWHERE TO HIDE: A Collection of Short Stories
Breathing exercises would have helped or a personal stress manager to suffer for me.A DARKENING STAIN (2002)
I don't think there's anything the matter with you except acute stress.The Other Devil's Name
'stressed' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُتَوَتِّر
- Brazilian Portuguese: estressado estressada
- Chinese: 压力重重的
- Croatian: koji je pod stresom koja je pod stresom
- Czech: stresovaný
- Danish: stresset
- Dutch: gestrest
- European Spanish: estresado estresada
- Finnish: stressaantunut
- French: stressé
- German: gestresst
- Greek: αγχωμένος αγχωμένη
- Italian: stressato stressata
- Japanese: ストレスがたまった
- Korean: 스트레스를 받고 있는
- Norwegian: belastet
- Polish: zestresowany zestresowana
- Portuguese: stressado stressada
- Romanian: stresat stresat, stresată, stresați, stresate
- Russian: находящийся в напряжении
- Spanish: estresado estresada
- Swedish: stressad stressat
- Thai: ถูกกดดัน
- Turkish: gerilmiş
- Ukrainian: напружений
- Vietnamese: bị căng thẳng
Translation of stressed from the Collins English to French Dictionary