French translation of 'stunning'
- (= magnificent) [woman, good looks, dress, display, performance, view]
⇒ You look stunning!
Tu es éblouissante!
- (= staggering) [victory, defeat, news]
Example Sentences Including 'stunning'
What this swish joint on the Upper East Side had that everyone came back for was simply the most stunning view of the park.Yellow Bird
Cursing furiously, Zlotin lashed out with the pistol, catching Graham a glancing blow on the side of the head and stunning him.Code Breaker
The blast, in the confined room, seemed ear-splitting, stunning.The Gwen John Sculpture
Trends of 'stunning'
View usage over:
Example Sentences Including 'stun'
He unclipped the stun grenade from his belt and crept stealthily across the patio until he reached the side of the house.Alastair McLean's 'Night Watch'
`The moment you hear the bang from the stun grenade, you go in through the kitchen door.The Devil's Door
The Libyan task force used stun grenades and dummy ammunition to create the maximum noise and confusion without loss of life.A Song at Twilight
'stunning' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُذْهِل
- Brazilian Portuguese: impressionante
- Chinese: 极好的
- Croatian: divan divna
- Czech: ohromující
- Danish: pragtfuld
- Dutch: ongelofelijk
- European Spanish: clamoroso clamorosa
- Finnish: tyrmäävä
- French: éblouissant superbe
- German: atemberaubend
- Greek: εκπληκτικός εκπληκτική
- Italian: sensazionale
- Japanese: すばらしい
- Korean: 놀랄 만큼 아름다운
- Norwegian: rystende
- Polish: olśniewający olśniewająca
- Portuguese: impressionante
- Romanian: uimitor uimitor, uimitoare, uimitori, uimitoare
- Russian: великолепный великолепная
- Spanish: clamoroso clamorosa
- Swedish: jättesnygg jättesnyggt
- Thai: น่าทึ่ง
- Turkish: göz kamaştırıcı
- Ukrainian: вражаючий
- Vietnamese: tuyệt vời
Translation of stunning from the Collins English to French Dictionary