French translation of 'supply teacher'
(Britain) suppléant(e) m/f
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'supply teacher'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
The regular teacher had been absent and a supply teacher had filled in the red marks in the column.IN REAL LIFE
Her class had been taken by a supply teacher, a woman they didn't normally use who had doneIN REAL LIFE
Trends of 'supply teacher'
Used Rarely. supply teacher is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'supply teacher' in Other Languages
British English: supply teacher /səˈplaɪ ˈtiːtʃə/ NOUN
A supply teacher is a teacher whose job is to take the place of other teachers at different schools when they are unable to be there.
- American English: substitute teacher
- Arabic: مُدَرِّسٌ بَدِيل
- Brazilian Portuguese: professor substituto
- Chinese: 代课教员
- Croatian: učitelj na zamjeni
- Czech: suplující učitel
- Danish: vikar
- Dutch: invaller in school
- European Spanish: profesor suplente
- Finnish: sijaisopettaja
- French: professeur remplaçant
- German: Aushilfslehrer
- Greek: αναπληρωτής δάσκαλος
- Italian: supplente
- Japanese: 臨時教員
- Korean: 대리 교사
- Norwegian: lærervikar
- Polish: nauczyciel na zastępstwie
- European Portuguese: professor substituto
- Romanian: profesor suplinitor
- Russian: временный заместитель учителя
- Spanish: profesor suplente
- Swedish: vikarie
- Thai: ครูตัวแทน
- Turkish: yedek öğretmen
- Ukrainian: вчитель, який замінює іншого вчителя
- Vietnamese: giáo viên dạy thay
Translation of supply teacher from the Collins English to French Dictionary