French translation of 'surrogate mother'
Trends of 'surrogate mother'
View usage over:
- (= replacement) [parent, father, family]
⇒ Uncle Paul has become a surrogate father to me.
L'Oncle Paul est devenu un père de substitution pour moi.
- (British, = substitute)
- (also surrogate mother) (giving birth for another couple)
mère f porteuse
Example Sentences Including 'surrogate'
I don't have...' She checked herself, the image of her real mother had crowded out her surrogate parents.THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (2002)
She could feel it pulling her down, slowing her down, aching her already sore body or surrogate of one.A Time of War
She was nudged by an ugly, narrow resentment that the tears were part of the black man's reproving, surrogate parenthood.The Last Raven
'surrogate mother' in Other Languages
- Arabic: أُمٌّ بَدِيلَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: mãe de aluguel medicina
- Chinese: 代孕母亲
- Croatian: surogatna majka
- Czech: náhradní matka
- Danish: rugemor
- Dutch: draagmoeder
- European Spanish: madre de alquiler
- Finnish: kohdunvuokraaja
- French: mère porteuse
- German: Leihmutter Leihmütter
- Greek: ανάδοχη μητέρα
- Italian: madre surrogata
- Japanese: 代理母
- Korean: 대리모
- Norwegian: surrogatmor surrogatmødre
- Polish: matka zastępcza
- Portuguese: mãe de aluguer medicina
- Romanian: mamă surogat mame surogat
- Russian: суррогатная мать
- Spanish: madre sustituta
- Swedish: surrogatmamma
- Thai: ผู้หญิงที่รับอุ้มท้องแทน
- Turkish: taşıyıcı anne
- Ukrainian: сурогатна мати
- Vietnamese: người mẹ đẻ thay
Translation of surrogate mother from the Collins English to French Dictionary