French translation of 'tactful'
plein(e) de tactto be tactful enough not to do sth
avoir le tact de ne pas faire qch
⇒ Uncle Nick was tactful enough not to mention the matter.
Oncle Nick eut le tact de ne pas aborder le sujet.
Example Sentences Including 'tactful'
On second thought, maybe smoke rising from a chimney wasn't the most tactful note on which to greet visitors to a funeral home.No Body
He was looking at her, trying to work out the kindest, most tactful way to begin.TEN STEPS TO HAPPINESS (2003)
She didn't say the word deathbed, remembering at the last minute that it would hardly be tactful.PROSPECT HILL (2003)
Trends of 'tactful'
View usage over:
'tactful' in Other Languages
- Arabic: لَبِق
- Brazilian Portuguese: diplomático diplomática
- Chinese: 机智的
- Croatian: taktičan taktična
- Czech: taktní
- Danish: taktfuld
- Dutch: tactvol
- European Spanish: diplomático diplomática
- Finnish: tahdikas
- French: délicat
- German: taktvoll
- Greek: διακριτικός διακριτική
- Italian: avveduto avveduta
- Japanese: 機転のきく
- Korean: 재치 있는
- Norwegian: taktfull
- Polish: taktowny taktowna
- Portuguese: diplomático diplomática
- Romanian: diplomat diplomat, diplomată, diplomați, diplomate
- Russian: тактичный тактичная
- Spanish: diplomático diplomática
- Swedish: taktfull taktfullt
- Thai: มีไหวพริบดี
- Turkish: incelikli
- Ukrainian: тактовний
- Vietnamese: tế nhị
Translation of tactful from the Collins English to French Dictionary