French translation of 'thoughtful'
- (= pensive) [person]
⇒ You look thoughtful.
Tu as l'air pensif.
- (= considerate)
⇒ She's very thoughtful.
Elle est très attentionnée.
⇒ That's very thoughtful of you.
C'est très attentionné de votre part.
- (= carefully thought out) [approach, work, book]
Example Sentences Including 'thoughtful'
Morello scribbled notes, and when he was finished he looked thoughtful.BETTER THAN THIS (2002)
It was true that Freddy seemed more intelligent than most of his colleagues, had read more, was altogether more thoughtful.Passion in the Peak
McKinnon watched her go, an equally thoughtful expression on his face, then turned to Jamieson.San Andreas
Trends of 'thoughtful'
View usage over:
'thoughtful' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُسْتَغْرِقٌ في التَّفْكِير
- Brazilian Portuguese: atencioso atenciosa
- Chinese: 体贴的
- Croatian: zamišljen
- Czech: zamyšlený
- Danish: tankefuld
- Dutch: attent
- European Spanish: pensativo pensativa
- Finnish: huomaavainen
- French: prévenant
- German: rücksichtsvoll
- Greek: συμπονετικός συμπονετική
- Italian: premuroso premurosa
- Japanese: 思慮深い
- Korean: 사려 깊은
- Norwegian: tenksom
- Polish: zamyślony zamyślona
- Portuguese: atencioso atenciosa
- Romanian: preocupat preocupat, preocupată, preocupați, preocupate
- Russian: задумчивый задумчивая
- Spanish: pensativo pensativa
- Swedish: fundersam fundersamt
- Thai: ครุ่นคิด
- Turkish: düşünceli
- Ukrainian: задумливий
- Vietnamese: quan tâm
Translation of thoughtful from the Collins English to French Dictionary