French translation of 'U-turn'
Example Sentences Including 'U-turn'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
As he pulled out from the curb and pivoted through a U-turn, he caught a glimpse of a gray van edging out into the traffic.CORMORANT
Greenfield made a U-turn at the top of the stairs and we followed the corridor back towards the rear of the building.C B GREENFIELD - A LITTLE MADNESS
'U-turn' in Other Languages
British English: U-turn /ˈjuːˌtɜːn/ NOUN
when driving If you make a U-turn when you are driving or cycling, you turn in a half-circle in one movement, so that you are then going in the opposite direction.
Making a sharp U-turn, she headed back.
- American English: U-turn
- Arabic: الِالْتِفَافُ إِلَى الِاتِّـجَاهِ الـمُعَاكِسِ بِالسَّيَّارة
- Brazilian Portuguese: meia-volta
- Chinese: U形转弯
- Croatian: zaokret
- Czech: otáčka do protisměru
- Danish: svingning på 180 grader
- Dutch: ommezwaai van 180°
- European Spanish: cambio de sentido
- Finnish: täyskäännös
- French: demi-tour
- German: Wende
- Greek: αναστροφή
- Italian: inversione a U
- Japanese: Uターン
- Korean: U턴
- Norwegian: u-sving
- Polish: zawracanie
- European Portuguese: meia-volta
- Romanian: întoarcere
- Russian: разворот
- Spanish: cambio de sentido
- Swedish: helomvändning
- Thai: การเลี้ยวกลับที่ทางเลี้ยวเป็นรูปตัวยู
- Turkish: U-dönüşü
- Ukrainian: розворот
- Vietnamese: sự vòng ngược
British English: U-turn NOUN
in policy If you describe a change in someone's policy, plans, or actions as a U-turn, you mean that it is a complete change.
He's doing a U-turn and forecasting 1% growth this year after earlier predicting a 2% drop.
Translation of U-turn from the Collins English to French Dictionary