French translation of 'unclear'
- (= not obvious) [reasons, motive, plans]
⇒ The reasons for this remained unclear.
Les raisons à cela restaient obscures.it is unclear whether ...
on ne sait si ...
⇒ It is unclear how much support they have.
On ne sait pas grand chose du soutien dont ils disposent.it remains unclear whether ...
on ne sait toujours pas si ...
to be unclear about sth (= not know)
ne pas être sûr de savoir qch
⇒ I'm still unclear about what I'm supposed to do.
Je ne suis toujours pas sûr de savoir ce que je suis censé faire.
- (= difficult to understand) [instructions, diagram, handwriting]
qui n'est pas clair(e)
⇒ His instructions were unclear.
Ses instructions n'étaient pas claires.
Example Sentences Including 'unclear'
Bettina... "The rest was unclear , no matter how near to the light she lifted the volume.Dreams of Innocence
`I think so,' I said uncertainly, sure what I knew but unclear if that was what she was asking.THE MANANA MAN (2002)
Now there was at least some sense of progress, no matter how unclear things still seemed, and the air buzzed with speculation.AFTERMATH (2001)
Trends of 'unclear'
View usage over:
'unclear' in Other Languages
- Arabic: غَيْرُ وَاضِح
- Brazilian Portuguese: obscuro obscura
- Chinese: 不清楚的
- Croatian: nejasan nejasna
- Czech: nejasný
- Danish: uklar
- Dutch: onduidelijk
- European Spanish: poco claro poco clara
- Finnish: epäselvä
- French: flou
- German: unklar
- Greek: ασαφής
- Italian: oscuro oscura
- Japanese: 不明瞭な
- Korean: 명확하지 않은
- Norwegian: uklar uklart
- Polish: niejasny niejasnaniezrozumiały
- Portuguese: obscuro obscura
- Romanian: neclar neclară, neclari, neclare
- Russian: неясный неясная
- Spanish: poco claro poco clara
- Swedish: oklar oklart
- Thai: ซึ่งไม่ชัดเจน
- Turkish: net değil
- Ukrainian: неясний
- Vietnamese: không rõ ràng
Translation of unclear from the Collins English to French Dictionary