French translation of 'undercurrent'
- (in sea, river)
courant m sous-marin
- (figurative) [of feeling]
courant m sous-jacent
Example Sentences Including 'undercurrent'
On the surface, it could have passed for his usual banter, but the undercurrent carried an altogether different message.Here Be Dragons
But in her poetry, there was that undercurrent , a sense of danger.At the Stroke of Twelve
I knew... `His voice was steady and rational, but it had a strange undercurrent ; and I sensed that his control was about to snap.Anti-Ice
Trends of 'undercurrent'
View usage over:
'undercurrent' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: corrente submarina
- Chinese: 暗流情感
- European Spanish: corriente submarina
- French: courant sous-marinN
- German: Unterströmung
- Italian: corrente sottomarina
- Japanese: 底流
- Korean: 저류
- Portuguese: corrente submarina
- Spanish: corriente submarina
Translation of undercurrent from the Collins English to French Dictionary