French translation of unhelpful
to be unhelpful to sb [person]
- [reply, criticism]
n'être d'aucun secours à qn
⇒ The incident has been unhelpful to the prime minister.
L'incident a desservi le Premier ministre.
Example Sentences Including 'unhelpful'
Of course, that presupposes doing nothing that might be unhelpful.Moondrop to Murder
The parents have been unhelpful - and they seem to have enjoyed being unhelpful.The Innocents at Home (A Superintendent Kenworthy novel)
Wilde especially was unhelpful , and the police were almost certain he was the killer.I.O.U. - Someone Has to Pay
Trends of 'unhelpful'
View usage over:
'unhelpful' in Other Languages
- Arabic: غَيْرُ مُفِيد
- Brazilian Portuguese: imprestável
- Chinese: 无帮助的
- Croatian: beskoristan beskorisna, beskorisno
- Czech: neochotný
- Danish: uhjælpsom
- Dutch: onbehulpzaam
- European Spanish: poco útil
- Finnish: hyödytön josta ei ole apua
- French: inutile
- German: nutzlos
- Greek: μη εξυπηρετικός μη εξυπηρετική
- Italian: inutile
- Japanese: 役に立たない
- Korean: 도움이 되지 않는
- Norwegian: lite hjelpsom
- Polish: niepomocny niepomocna
- Portuguese: imprestável
- Romanian: inutil inutilă, inutili, inutile
- Russian: бесполезный бесполезная
- Spanish: poco servicial
- Swedish: ohjälpsam ohjälpsamt
- Thai: ไม่ช่วยเหลือ
- Turkish: yardımcı olmayan
- Ukrainian: даремний
- Vietnamese: không giúp ích
Translation of unhelpful from the Collins English to French Dictionary
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Related Terms of 'unhelpful'