French translation of watchdog
- (= animal)
chien m de garde
- (= organization)
organisme m de contrôle
Example Sentences Including 'watchdog'
He told Evans about Jupiter's trick on the massive watchdog.The Mystery of the Purple Pirate
`Mr Mahoney, the C. A. A. is a very busy government body which acts as watchdog on aircraft safety, and we're very expensive.Seize the Reckless Wind
He had no computer in his own office, looking on it as a watchdog that might turn on him.YESTERDAY'S SHADOW (2002)
Trends of 'watchdog'
View usage over:
'watchdog' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: cão de guarda
- Chinese: 监察员
- European Spanish: organismo de control
- French: organisme de contrôleN
- German: Aufpasser
- Italian: preposto alla sorveglianza preposta alla sorveglianza
- Japanese: 監視人
- Korean: 감시인
- Portuguese: cão de guarda
- Spanish: organismo de control
Translation of watchdog from the Collins English to French Dictionary
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Related Terms of 'watchdog'