French translation of 'westbound'
[traffic] en direction de l’ouest
[carriageway] ouest inv
Westbound traffic is moving very slowly. La circulation en direction de l’ouest est très ralentie.
The truck was westbound on the M5. Le camion roulait sur la M5 en direction de l’ouest.
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'westbound'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
He turned the wheel and they jolted over kerbing onto the westbound motorway, picked up speed, and were in the clear.JANAKY AND THE GIANT (2003)
he said as we passed under the canopy which would take us into the Music block and lead us through long westbound corridors to Science.MUSIC FOR BOYS (2003)
From there it would be only a few minutes to the exit to the southbound and westbound autoroute system.DOUBLE DECEIT (2003)
It was past midnight before I was across the westbound shipping lane and content to leave it to the windvane steering and go below.HIGH STAND (2003)
Trends of 'westbound'
Used Rarely. westbound is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'westbound' in Other Languages
British English: westbound /ˈwɛstˌbaʊnd/ ADJECTIVE
Westbound roads or vehicles lead to or are travelling towards the west.
Traffic is slow on the westbound carriageway of the motorway.
- American English: westbound
- Arabic: نَحْوَ الغَرْب
- Brazilian Portuguese: em direção ao oeste
- Chinese: 西行的
- Croatian: koji ide prema zapadu
- Czech: směřující na západ
- Danish: vestgående
- Dutch: westwaarts
- European Spanish: en dirección oeste
- Finnish: länteen menevä
- French: en direction de l’ouest
- German: nach Westen führend
- Greek: προς τη δύση
- Italian: a ovest
- Japanese: 西行きの
- Korean: 서쪽으로 가는
- Norwegian: vestgående
- Polish: prowadzący na zachód
- European Portuguese: em direção ao oeste
- Romanian: care se îndreaptă spre vest
- Russian: движущийся на запад
- Spanish: en dirección oeste
- Swedish: västgående
- Thai: ซึ่งเคลื่อนไปทางตะวันตก
- Turkish: batıya doğru
- Ukrainian: що веде на захід
- Vietnamese: về hướng tây
Translation of westbound from the Collins English to French Dictionary