German translation of aware
⇒ to be/become aware of sb/sth
sich dat jds/einer Sache bewusst sein/werden
⇒ I was not aware (of the fact) that ...
es war mir nicht bewusst, dass ...
⇒ not that I am aware (of)
nicht dass ich wüsste
⇒ as far as I am aware
so viel ich weiß
⇒ to make sb aware of sth
jdm etw bewusst machen
Example Sentences Including 'aware'
He kept his voice low, aware of the secretary sitting at her desk some feet away.YESTERDAY'S SHADOW (2002)
The weight of it had the effect of making me aware of my own breathing.THE EXECUTION (2002)
He didn't care what everyone thought, though he was uncomfortably aware of Jall Oren's hooded eyes watching his exit.LIRAEL: DAUGHTER OF THE CLAYR (2001)
Trends of 'aware'
View usage over:
'aware' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُدْرِك
- Brazilian Portuguese: ciente
- Chinese: 知道的
- Croatian: svjestan svjesna, svjesno
- Czech: vědomý
- Danish: klar over
- Dutch: zich bewust
- European Spanish: consciente sabedor
- Finnish: tietoinen
- French: conscient
- German: gewahr
- Greek: ενημερωμένος ενημερωμένη
- Italian: consapevole
- Japanese: 気がついて
- Korean: ...을 알고 있는
- Norwegian: oppmerksom oppmerksomme
- Polish: świadomy świadomapoinformowany
- Portuguese: ciente
- Romanian: conștient conștientă, conștienți, conștiene
- Russian: осведомленный осведомленная
- Spanish: consciente
- Swedish: medveten medvetet
- Thai: ตระหนักรู้
- Turkish: farkında
- Ukrainian: обізнаний
- Vietnamese: nhận thức được
Translation of aware from the Collins English to German Dictionary
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Related Terms of 'aware'