German translation of disappointed
⇒ she was disappointed to learn that ...
sie war enttäuscht, als sie erfuhr, dass ...
⇒ to be disappointed that ...
enttäuscht (darüber) sein, dass ...
⇒ to be disappointed in or with or by sb/sth
von jdm/etw enttäuscht sein
Example Sentences Including 'disappointed'
He had the open hopeful look of one born to be disappointed.CASCADES - THE DAY OF THE DEAD (2001)
I must have disappointed him by not clearing the bank account out.INSTRUMENTS OF DARKNESS (2002)
But if I try and meet a man without Trevor, they seem disappointed.RESCUING ROSE (2002)
Trends of 'disappointed'
View usage over:
Example Sentences Including 'disappoint'
I'll try not to disappoint you, thought Alma, mute in the palm of her mother's needs.Lost Children
It was obvious Captain One-Ear had dumped the treasure overboard, just to disappoint his pursuers.Three in One
I've been going there for thirteen years, so I wouldn't want to disappoint her.Murder Moves In
'disappointed' in Other Languages
- Arabic: خَائِبُ الَأمَل
- Brazilian Portuguese: decepcionado decepcionada
- Chinese: 失望的
- Croatian: razočaran razočarana
- Czech: zklamaný
- Danish: skuffet
- Dutch: teleurgesteld
- European Spanish: decepcionado decepcionada
- Finnish: pettynyt
- French: déçu
- German: enttäuscht
- Greek: απογοητευμένος απογοητευμένη
- Italian: deluso delusa
- Japanese: 失望した
- Korean: 실망한
- Norwegian: skuffet
- Polish: rozczarowany rozczarowana
- Portuguese: dececionado dececionada
- Romanian: dezamăgit dezamăgit, dezamăgită, dezamăgiți, dezamăgite
- Russian: разочарованный разочарованная
- Spanish: decepcionado decepcionada
- Swedish: besviken besviket
- Thai: ผิดหวัง
- Turkish: hayal kırıklığına uğramış
- Ukrainian: розчарований
- Vietnamese: thất vọng
Translation of disappointed from the Collins English to German Dictionary