German translation of 'drawl'
⇒ a southern drawl
ein schleppender südlicher Dialekt
Example Sentences Including 'drawl'
`Oh, hadn't you noticed," said Yoller, reverting to his usual, casual drawl.The Ancient and Solitary Reign
"'Or," came Sidney Morton's discontented drawl , `fattening us up for the slaughter.The Complete Stories Volume 2
`I don't know why I agreed to this crazy idea," Eva continued in English with an American drawl.Cover Story
Trends of 'drawl'
View usage over:
'drawl' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: falar embolado
- Chinese: 拉长声调说话
- European Spanish: hablar arrastrando las palabras
- French: parler d'une voix traînante
- German: gedehnt sprechen
- Italian: parlare biascicando
- Japanese: のろのろ話す
- Korean: 느릿느릿 말하다
- Portuguese: falar de forma arrastada
- Spanish: hablar arrastrando las palabras
Translation of drawl from the Collins English to German Dictionary