German translation of 'elementary school'
Example Sentences Including 'elementary school'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
These researchers also present evidence that compared to elementary school teachers, junior high teachers adopt a less personal and more adversarial relationship with students.Divergent Realities: the Emotional Lives of Mothers, Fathers, and Adolescents (1994)
Trends of 'elementary school'
Used Occasionally. elementary school is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'elementary school' in Other Languages
British English: elementary school /ˌɛlɪˈmɛntərɪ skuːl/ NOUN
An elementary school is a school where children are taught for the first six or sometimes eight years of their education.
He is in his fourth year of elementary school.
- American English: elementary school
- Arabic: مَدْرَسَةٌ اِبْتِدَائِيَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: escola primária
- Chinese: 小学
- Croatian: osnovna škola
- Czech: základní škola
- Danish: grundskole
- Dutch: basisschool
- European Spanish: escuela primaria
- Finnish: alakoulu
- French: école élémentaire
- German: Grundschule
- Greek: δημοτικό σχολείο
- Italian: scuola elementare
- Japanese: 小学校
- Korean: 초등학교
- Norwegian: grunnskole
- Polish: szkoła podstawowa
- European Portuguese: escola primária
- Romanian: școală elementară
- Russian: начальная школа
- Spanish: escuela primaria
- Swedish: grundskola
- Thai: โรงเรียนระดับประถมศึกษา
- Turkish: ilkokul
- Ukrainian: початкова школа
- Vietnamese: trường tiểu học
Translation of elementary school from the Collins English to German Dictionary