German translation of 'lumber'
transitive verb(British, informal)
- to lumber sb with sth
jdm etw aufhalsen (inf)
⇒ I got lumbered with her for the evening
ich hatte sie den ganzen Abend auf dem Hals (inf)
Example Sentences Including 'lumber'
It was a piece of rough lumber , still with the bark on it, about four feet long.Fools Gold
So you say,' Sonia turned on her heel with a sort of shuddering lumber.TICKLED PINK (2002)
With the opening of Union Hill, he was going to have to purchase all his lumber at full retail price.No Body
Trends of 'lumber'
View usage over:
'lumber' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: mover-se pesadamente
- Chinese: 缓缓前进
- European Spanish: moverse pesadamente
- French: marcher pesamment
- German: tapsen
- Italian: muoversi pesantemente
- Japanese: のそのそ～へ行く
- Korean: 느릿느릿 움직이다
- Portuguese: mover-se pesadamente
- Spanish: moverse pesadamente
Translation of lumber from the Collins English to German Dictionary