German translation of 'remand'
- (law) he was remanded in custody/on bail
er blieb in Untersuchungshaft/unter Kaution
- to be on remand
in Untersuchungshaft sein(= on bail)
auf Kaution freigelassen sein
Example Sentences Including 'remand'
Listen, Stan, did you do the remand hearing on the front of the midday edition, a Jason Kinsella?A Nasty Dose of Death
Two teenagers were on remand accused of murdering a three-year-old girl.Lost Children
Laura Stebbing visited her husband just once while he was on remand.The Book Lady
Trends of 'remand'
View usage over:
'remand' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: deter
- Chinese: 使取保候审
- European Spanish: estar en prisión preventiva/quedar en libertad bajo fianza
- French: placer
- German: behalten
- Italian: rinviare a giudizio con custodia cautelare
- Japanese: 再拘留する
- Korean: 방면하다
- Portuguese: deter
- Spanish: estar en prisión preventiva/quedar en libertad bajo fianza
Translation of remand from the Collins English to German Dictionary