German translation of 'terrified'
- look also
⇒ to be terrified of sth
vor etw schreckliche Angst haben
⇒ he was terrified in case ...
er hatte fürchterliche Angst davor, dass ...
- look also
Example Sentences Including 'terrified'
She looked startled and gazed at me with a terrified fascination.DEAD BEAT (2002)
Maybe instead I would be stuck forever in this intolerable moment, like the terrified man in the massacre painting.THE EXECUTION (2002)
He reacted instinctively, propelling himself into the back seat with feet and hands like a terrified crab.LOST SUMMER (2002)
Trends of 'terrified'
View usage over:
Example Sentences Including 'terrify'
It's trying to hurt and terrify you first, and then it will have you as a sacrifice.I.O.U. - Someone Has to Pay
As he fiddled with the padlock on his bike, the darkness, which used to terrify him, began to make him uneasy.Forests of the Night
Nowadays feeling on the edge just wouldn't give me a thrill; it would terrify me.GOING OUT (2002)
'terrified' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مَرْعُوب
- Brazilian Portuguese: aterrorizado aterrorizada
- Chinese: 受惊吓的
- Croatian: prestrašen prestrašena
- Czech: vyděšený
- Danish: rædselsslagen
- Dutch: doodsbang
- European Spanish: aterrorizado aterrorizada
- Finnish: pelokas
- French: terrifié
- German: verängstigt
- Greek: τρομοκρατημένος τρομοκρατημένη
- Italian: terrorizzato terrorizzata
- Japanese: 怖がった
- Korean: 겁에 질린
- Norwegian: vettskremt
- Polish: przerażony przerażona
- Portuguese: aterrorizado aterrorizada
- Romanian: îngrozit îngrozit, îngrozită, îngroziți, îngrozite
- Russian: запуганный запуганная
- Spanish: aterrorizado aterrorizada
- Swedish: livrädd
- Thai: ทำให้น่ากลัวมาก
- Turkish: aşırı derecede korkmuş
- Ukrainian: нажаханий
- Vietnamese: khiếp sợ
Translation of terrified from the Collins English to German Dictionary