Hindi translation of 'advanced'
advanced /ædˈvɑːnst, -ˈvænst ऐडˈव़ान्स्ट्, -ˈव़ैन्स्ट्/
An advanced system, method, or design is modern and has been developed from an earlier version of the same thing.
...the most advanced optical telescope in the world.
SIMILAR WORDSup-to-date, modern, cutting edge
OPPOSITESbasic, elementary, simple, rudimentary
A country that is advanced has reached a high level of industrial or technological development.
...the educational levels reached in other advanced countries.
An advanced student has learned the basic facts of a subject and is doing more difficult work.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'advanced'
In the early mining days, corner sites on what was to become Africa's most advanced town had commanded the highest prices.The Image of Laura
The morning was well advanced by the time Schumacher awoke.Wall Games
They left their cases piled beside the car and advanced up the stone steps.Weekend for Murder
Trends of 'advanced'
View usage over:
'advanced' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُتَقَدِّم
- Brazilian Portuguese: avançado avançada
- Chinese: 先进的
- Croatian: napredan napredna
- Czech: pokročilý
- Danish: avanceret
- Dutch: geavanceerd
- European Spanish: avanzado avanzada
- Finnish: edistynyt
- French: avancé
- German: fortgeschritten
- Greek: προχωρημένος προχωρημένη
- Italian: avanzato avanzata
- Japanese: 進歩した
- Korean: 앞선
- Norwegian: avansert
- Polish: zaawansowany zaawansowana
- Portuguese: avançado avançada
- Romanian: avansat avansată, avansați, avansate
- Russian: передовой передовая
- Spanish: avanzado avanzada
- Swedish: avancerad avancerat
- Thai: ขั้นสูง
- Turkish: gelişmiş
- Ukrainian: передовий
- Vietnamese: tiên tiến
Translation of advanced from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary