Hindi translation of 'affectionate'
affectionate /əˈfekʃənət अˈफ़ेक्शनअट्/
If you are affectionate, you show your fondness for another person in your behaviour.
They were more affectionate towards the younger child.
He looked affectionately at his niece.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'affectionate'
She was intelligent and vivacious and, above all, affectionate.The Hardie Inheritance
Her lips on this part of me unaccustomed to affectionate contact were strong with devotion, with the powerful will to console.A Death in the Family
There were times when she missed Vincent, and longed to hear the sound of his voice and his affectionate teasing.When the Apricots Bloom
Trends of 'affectionate'
View usage over:
'affectionate' in Other Languages
- Arabic: حَنون
- Brazilian Portuguese: carinhoso carinhosa
- Chinese: 亲爱的
- Croatian: nježan
- Czech: laskavý
- Danish: kærlig
- Dutch: liefhebbend
- European Spanish: cariñoso cariñosa
- Finnish: rakastava
- French: affectueux affectueuse
- German: liebevoll
- Greek: τρυφερός τρυφερή
- Italian: affettuoso affettuosa
- Japanese: 愛情のこもった
- Korean: 애정 어린
- Norwegian: hengiven hengivne
- Polish: kochający kochająca
- Portuguese: carinhoso carinhosa
- Romanian: afectuos afectuoasă, afectuoși, afectuoase
- Russian: любящий любящая
- Spanish: cariñoso cariñosa
- Swedish: tillgiven tillgivet
- Thai: ซึ่งรักใคร่
- Turkish: sevecen
- Ukrainian: ласкавий
- Vietnamese: trìu mến
Translation of affectionate from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary