Hindi translation of 'alien'
alien /ˈeɪliən ˈएइलीअन्/
Word forms: aliens
Alien is used to describe someone or something that belongs to a different country, race, group, or culture. This use is considered offensive by some people.
...alone in an alien culture.
2. countable noun
An alien is someone who is not a legal citizen of the country in which they live.[technical]
विदेशी नागरिक mn
3. adjective after link verb
If something is alien to you, it is not the way you would normally feel or behave.
Such an attitude is alien to most businessmen.
4. countable noun
In science fiction, an alien is a creature from outer space.
बाह्य अंतरिक्ष के प्राणी mn
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'alien'
It was a disturbingly alien face, with holes instead of eyes.THE EXECUTION (2002)
The alien emerged in human form with a thin smile on his well-groomed features.The Touch of Innocents
From a distance, the battlefield looked like a surreal, alien landscape.TREASON KEEP (2001)
Trends of 'alien'
View usage over:
'alien' in Other Languages
- Arabic: أَجْنَبيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: estrangeiro estrangeira
- Chinese: 外侨
- Croatian: imigrant
- Czech: cizinec cizinka
- Danish: fremmed
- Dutch: vreemdeling
- European Spanish: extranjero extranjera
- Finnish: ulkomaalainen
- French: étranger étrangèreinconnu
- German: Ausländer Ausländerin
- Greek: αλλοδαπός αλλοδαπή
- Italian: straniero straniera
- Japanese: 外国人
- Korean: 외국인
- Norwegian: utlending
- Polish: cudzoziemiec cudzoziemka
- Portuguese: estrangeiro estrangeira
- Romanian: străin străină, străini, străine
- Russian: иммигрант нелегальный
- Spanish: extranjero extranjera
- Swedish: främling
- Thai: คนต่างด้าว
- Turkish: yabancı
- Ukrainian: іноземець іноземка
- Vietnamese: người nước ngoài
Translation of alien from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary