Hindi translation of 'ambitious'
ambitious /æmˈbɪʃəs ऐमˈबिशस्/
Someone who is ambitious wants to be successful, rich, or powerful.
An ambitious idea or plan is on a large scale and needs a lot of work to be successful.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'ambitious'
Too ambitious , had been the verdict of certain colleagues in government.Field of Blood
The father she feared, the ambitious brother, the sister who had always belittled her, the fiancé who had left her for another woman.AMAGANSETT (2004)
That was fine, but she had more ambitious plans for Mr Winter than a career in the pulpit.The Unorthodox Murder of Rabbi Moss
Trends of 'ambitious'
View usage over:
'ambitious' in Other Languages
- Arabic: طَموح
- Brazilian Portuguese: ambicioso ambiciosa
- Chinese: 有雄心的
- Croatian: ambiciozan ambiciozna
- Czech: ctižádostivý
- Danish: ambitiøs
- Dutch: ambitieus
- European Spanish: ambicioso ambiciosa
- Finnish: kunnianhimoinen
- French: ambitieux ambitieuse
- German: ehrgeizig
- Greek: φιλόδοξος φιλόδοξη
- Italian: ambizioso ambiziosa
- Japanese: 野心的な
- Korean: 야심적인
- Norwegian: ambisiøs
- Polish: ambitny ambitna
- Portuguese: ambicioso ambiciosa
- Romanian: ambițios ambițioasă, ambițioși, ambițioase
- Russian: честолюбивый честолюбивая
- Spanish: ambicioso ambiciosa
- Swedish: ambitiös ambitiöst
- Thai: ทะเยอทะยาน
- Turkish: hırslı
- Ukrainian: честолюбний
- Vietnamese: nhiều tham vọng
Translation of ambitious from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary