Hindi translation of 'approximate'
Word forms: approximates, approximating, approximated
1. adjective /əˈprɒksɪmət अˈप्रॉक्सिमट्/
Approximate figures are close to the correct figure, but are not exact.
The times are approximate only.
Could you tell me its approximate age?
an approximate cost/value/price/age/height/size
an approximate guide/definition/location
The conservatory measures approximately 4m x 5m.
SIMILAR WORDSroughly, about, around
2. intransitive verb /əˈprɒksɪmeɪt अˈप्रॉक्सिमेइट्/
If something approximates to something else, it is similar to it but not exactly the same.
...something approximating to a hospital.
approximate to something
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'approximate'
If you work very hard you may approximate to something like it yourself one day.Left, Right and Centre
They have wanted to approximate men and they are achieving it fast.Dreams of Innocence
It was a cheap model from Taiwan, the plastic figures had been painted in a very approximate fashion without any attempt at expression.THE EXECUTION (2002)
Trends of 'approximate'
View usage over:
'approximate' in Other Languages
- Arabic: تَقْرِيبيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: aproximado aproximada
- Chinese: 近似的
- Croatian: približan približna
- Czech: přibližný
- Danish: anslået
- Dutch: geschat
- European Spanish: aproximado aproximada
- Finnish: likimääräinen
- French: approximatif
- German: ungefähr
- Greek: προσεγγιστικός προσεγγιστική
- Italian: approssimativo approssimativa
- Japanese: 近似の
- Korean: 대략적인
- Norwegian: omtrentlig
- Polish: przybliżony przybliżona
- Portuguese: aproximado aproximada
- Romanian: aproximativ aproximativă, aproximativi, aproximative
- Russian: приблизительный приблизительная
- Spanish: aproximado aproximada
- Swedish: ungefärlig ungefärligt
- Thai: ประมาณ
- Turkish: yaklaşık
- Ukrainian: приблизний
- Vietnamese: xấp xỉ
Translation of approximate from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary