Hindi translation of 'ashamed'
ashamed /əˈʃeɪmd अˈशेइम्ड्/
adjective after link verb
If someone is ashamed of something or someone, they feel embarrassed about it or guilty because of it.
I felt incredibly ashamed of myself for getting so angry.
She was ashamed that she looked so shabby.
Women are often ashamed to admit they are being abused.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'ashamed'
And even in their mighty company I shall not now be ashamed.THE LORD OF THE RINGS (2004)
She was a bad, horrible person and she was deeply ashamed of herself.JUST BETWEEN US (2002)
She had never been ashamed of being the other woman in Nigel's life.TICKLED PINK (2002)
Trends of 'ashamed'
View usage over:
'ashamed' in Other Languages
- Arabic: خَجْلان
- Brazilian Portuguese: envergonhado envergonhada
- Chinese: 羞愧的
- Croatian: posramljen posramljena
- Czech: zahanbený
- Danish: skamfuld
- Dutch: beschaamd
- European Spanish: avergonzado avergonzadareprensible
- Finnish: häpeissään
- French: honteux honteuse
- German: schamerfüllt
- Greek: ντροπιασμένος ντροπιασμένη
- Italian: vergognarsi
- Japanese: 恥じて
- Korean: 부끄러워 하는
- Norwegian: skamfull
- Polish: zawstydzony zawstydzona
- Portuguese: envergonhado envergonhada
- Romanian: rușinat rușinată, rușinați, rușinate
- Russian: пристыженный пристыженная
- Spanish: avergonzado avergonzada
- Swedish: skamsen skamset
- Thai: อับอาย
- Turkish: mahcup
- Ukrainian: присоромлений
- Vietnamese: xấu hổ
Translation of ashamed from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary