Hindi translation of 'asleep'
asleep /əˈsliːp अˈस्लीप्/
1. adjective after link verb
Someone who is asleep is sleeping.
He was asleep on Mum's bed.
When you fall asleep, you start sleeping.
I was so tired I fell asleep.
Someone who is fast asleep or sound asleep is sleeping deeply.
गहरी नींद में होना
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'asleep'
Bagado was asleep upstairs on his bed with a three-month-old Times crossword on his chest.INSTRUMENTS OF DARKNESS (2002)
She looked at Mikel, who was on the verge of falling asleep in his saddle.TREASON KEEP (2001)
It had no effect upon Mogget, who now seemed to be really asleep.LIRAEL: DAUGHTER OF THE CLAYR (2001)
Trends of 'asleep'
View usage over:
'asleep' in Other Languages
- Arabic: نَائِم
- Brazilian Portuguese: adormecido adormecida
- Chinese: 睡着的
- Croatian: zaspao zaspala, zaspalo
- Czech: spící
- Danish: sover
- Dutch: slapend
- European Spanish: dormido dormida
- Finnish: unessa
- French: endormi
- German: schlafend
- Greek: κοιμισμένος κοιμισμένη
- Italian: addormentato addormentata
- Japanese: 眠って
- Korean: 잠들어
- Norwegian: sovende
- Polish: pogrążony (we śnie) pogrążona (we śnie)
- Portuguese: adormecido adormecida
- Romanian: adormit adormită, adormiți, adormite
- Russian: спящий спящая
- Spanish: dormido dormida
- Swedish: sovande
- Thai: นอนหลับ
- Turkish: uykuda
- Ukrainian: той, що спить
- Vietnamese: buồn ngủ
Translation of asleep from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary