Hindi translation of 'aware'
aware /əˈweə अˈवेअ/
1. adjective after link verb
If you are aware of a fact or situation, you know about it.
Smokers are well aware of the dangers to their own health.
We are aware that we might lose our jobs.
aware of something
awareness uncountable noun
...general awareness about healthy eating.
awareness of/about something
an increasing/growing/heightened awareness
2. adjective after link verb
If you are aware of something, you realize that it is present or is happening because you hear it, see it, smell it, or feel it.
She was acutely aware of the noise of the city.
3. adjective after link verb
Someone who is aware notices events that are happening around them.
They are politically very aware.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'aware'
He kept his voice low, aware of the secretary sitting at her desk some feet away.YESTERDAY'S SHADOW (2002)
The weight of it had the effect of making me aware of my own breathing.THE EXECUTION (2002)
He didn't care what everyone thought, though he was uncomfortably aware of Jall Oren's hooded eyes watching his exit.LIRAEL: DAUGHTER OF THE CLAYR (2001)
Trends of 'aware'
View usage over:
'aware' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُدْرِك
- Brazilian Portuguese: ciente
- Chinese: 知道的
- Croatian: svjestan svjesna, svjesno
- Czech: vědomý
- Danish: klar over
- Dutch: zich bewust
- European Spanish: consciente sabedor
- Finnish: tietoinen
- French: conscient
- German: gewahr
- Greek: ενημερωμένος ενημερωμένη
- Italian: consapevole
- Japanese: 気がついて
- Korean: ...을 알고 있는
- Norwegian: oppmerksom oppmerksomme
- Polish: świadomy świadomapoinformowany
- Portuguese: ciente
- Romanian: conștient conștientă, conștienți, conștiene
- Russian: осведомленный осведомленная
- Spanish: consciente
- Swedish: medveten medvetet
- Thai: ตระหนักรู้
- Turkish: farkında
- Ukrainian: обізнаний
- Vietnamese: nhận thức được
Translation of aware from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary