Hindi translation of bankrupt
bankruptPowered by COBUILD /ˈbæŋkrʌpt ˈबैङ्क्रप्ट्/
Word forms: bankrupts, bankrupting, bankrupted
Definitions and Translations
People or organizations that go bankrupt do not have enough money to pay their debts.
⇒ He was declared bankrupt after not repaying a £114m loan.
⇒ go/become bankrupt ⇒ be declared bankrupt
2. transitive verb
To bankrupt a person or organization means to make them go bankrupt.
दिवालिया कर देना
⇒ The cost of the court case bankrupted him.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'bankrupt'
Finger Software went into liquidation, owing millions of dollars, and Bruce Farro was declared bankrupt.YESTERDAY'S SHADOW (2002)
Because I'm bankrupt ; I have no offices and no secretarial staff.Splitting
By the end of 1931 he had added two bankrupt hotels to his portfolio.THE MAIN CAGES (2002)
Trends of 'bankrupt'
View usage over:
'bankrupt' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُفْلِس
- Brazilian Portuguese: falido falida
- Chinese: 破产
- Croatian: bankrotiran bankrotirana
- Czech: nesolventní
- Danish: fallit
- Dutch: failliet
- European Spanish: en quiebra
- Finnish: vararikossa oleva
- French: ruiné
- German: bankrott
- Greek: χρεωκοπημένος χρεωκοπημένη
- Italian: fallito fallita
- Japanese: 破産した
- Korean: 파산한
- Norwegian: konkurs
- Polish: zbankrutowany zbankrutowana
- Portuguese: falido falida
- Romanian: falimentar falimentar, falimentară, falimentari, falimentare
- Russian: неплатежеспособный неплатежеспособная
- Spanish: en quiebra
- Swedish: bankrutt
- Thai: ล้มละลาย
- Turkish: iflas
- Ukrainian: банкрут
- Vietnamese: phá sản
Translation of bankrupt from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary