Hindi translation of canvass
canvassPowered by COBUILD /ˈkænvəs ˈकैन्व़स्/
Word forms: canvasses, canvassing, canvassed
Definitions and Translations
1. intransitive verb
If you canvass for a person or political party, you try to persuade people to vote for them.पक्ष-प्रचार करना ⇒ I'm canvassing for the Labour Party.
2. transitive verb
If you canvass public opinion, you find out how people feel about something.परखनाजांचना ⇒ They canvassed the views of almost eighty economists.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'canvass'
Trends of 'canvass'
View usage over:
'canvass' in Other Languages
- Arabic: يُقْنِعُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: fazer campanha eleitoral
- Chinese: 游说
- Croatian: agitirati
- Czech: agitovat
- Danish: undersøge
- Dutch: werven
- European Spanish: hacer campaña
- Finnish: kalastella ääniä
- French: prospecter
- German: werben
- Greek: διεξάγω προεκλογική εκστρατεία
- Italian: sollecitare
- Japanese: 投票を頼んで回る
- Korean: 선거 운동을 하다
- Norwegian: agitere
- Polish: agitować
- Portuguese: fazer campanha eleitoral
- Romanian: a face propagandă electorală
- Russian: агитировать (заказы, пожертвования, взносы)
- Spanish: sondear
- Swedish: värva
- Thai: ออกเที่ยวฟังความเห็น เที่ยวหาเสียง
- Turkish: oy toplamak
- Ukrainian: агітувати загітувати
- Vietnamese: vận động bầu cử
Translation of canvass from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary