Hindi translation of 'canvass'
canvass /ˈkænvəs ˈकैन्व़स्/
Word forms: canvasses, canvassing, canvassed
1. intransitive verb
If you canvass for a person or political party, you try to persuade people to vote for them.
I'm canvassing for the Labour Party.
2. transitive verb
If you canvass public opinion, you find out how people feel about something.
They canvassed the views of almost eighty economists.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Trends of 'canvass'
View usage over:
'canvass' in Other Languages
- Arabic: يُقْنِعُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: fazer campanha eleitoral
- Chinese: 游说
- Croatian: agitirati
- Czech: agitovat
- Danish: undersøge
- Dutch: werven
- European Spanish: hacer campaña
- Finnish: kalastella ääniä
- French: prospecter
- German: werben
- Greek: διεξάγω προεκλογική εκστρατεία
- Italian: sollecitare
- Japanese: 投票を頼んで回る
- Korean: 선거 운동을 하다
- Norwegian: agitere
- Polish: agitować
- Portuguese: fazer campanha eleitoral
- Romanian: a face propagandă electorală
- Russian: агитировать (заказы, пожертвования, взносы)
- Spanish: sondear
- Swedish: värva
- Thai: ออกเที่ยวฟังความเห็น เที่ยวหาเสียง
- Turkish: oy toplamak
- Ukrainian: агітувати загітувати
- Vietnamese: vận động bầu cử
Translation of canvass from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary