Hindi translation of 'charity'
charity /ˈtʃærɪti ˈचैरिटी/
Word forms: charities
1. countable noun
A charity is an organization which raises money to help people who are ill, disabled, or poor.
धर्मार्थ संस्था nf
a health/conservation/wildlife charity
a registered/local charity
support a charity
give/donate money to charity
SET PHRASESraise money for charity
2. uncountable noun
People who live on charity live on money or goods which are given to them because they are poor.
She wouldn't accept charity.
3. uncountable noun
Charity is kindness and tolerance towards other people.
...acts of charity.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'charity'
Her will stipulated that the proceeds of the house should go to a children's charity.A Conviction of Guilt
He was infected with charity ; the panhandlers > of the world would always make him think twice.Murder Song
Her instructions were simply to donate everything to a charity.A Rodent of Doubt
Trends of 'charity'
View usage over:
'charity' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُؤَسَّسَةٌ خَيْرِيَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: caridade
- Chinese: 慈善机构
- Croatian: dobrotvorna organizacija
- Czech: charita
- Danish: velgørenhed
- Dutch: liefdadigheidsinstelling
- European Spanish: institución benéfica
- Finnish: hyväntekeväisyys
- French: charité
- German: Wohltätigkeitsorganisation
- Greek: φιλανθρωπία
- Italian: beneficenza
- Japanese: 慈善団体
- Korean: 자선
- Norwegian: veldedighet
- Polish: instytucja dobroczynna
- Portuguese: caridade
- Romanian: organizație caritabilă organizații caritabile
- Russian: благотворительное общество
- Spanish: institución benéfica
- Swedish: välgörenhet
- Thai: การกุศล
- Turkish: yardım derneği
- Ukrainian: благодійна організація
- Vietnamese: tổ chức từ thiện
Translation of charity from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary