Hindi translation of compact
compactPowered by COBUILD /kəmˈpækt कमˈपैक्ट्/
Word forms: compacts, compacting, compacted
Definitions and Translations
Something that is compact is small or takes up very little space.
⇒ ...a compact camera.
2. transitive verb
To compact something means to press it so that it becomes more dense. [formal]
दबाकर छोटा करना
⇒ Walking on the paths compacts the soil.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'compact'
He spoke quietly but distinctly, he was energy compact , even his silences pinned the court.Coup d'Etat
Taking out her compact , she studied the old woman's face reflected in the mirror.Death of a Nymph
The top shelf was reserved for a large selection of classical compact discs.Alastair McLean's 'Night Watch'
Trends of 'compact'
View usage over:
'compact' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مَضْغُوط
- Brazilian Portuguese: compacto compacta
- Chinese: 紧凑的
- Croatian: kompaktan kompaktna
- Czech: kompaktní
- Danish: kompakt
- Dutch: compact
- European Spanish: compacto compacta
- Finnish: tiivis
- French: compact
- German: kompakt
- Greek: συμπιεσμένος συμπιεσμένη
- Italian: compatto compatta
- Japanese: ぎっしり詰まった
- Korean: 빽빽하게 찬
- Norwegian: kompakt
- Polish: kompaktowy kompaktowa
- Portuguese: compacto compacta
- Romanian: compact compact, compactă, compacți, compacte
- Russian: компактный компактная
- Spanish: compacto compacta
- Swedish: kompakt
- Thai: กระชับ
- Turkish: derli toplu
- Ukrainian: компактний
- Vietnamese: kết chặt
Translation of compact from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary