Hindi translation of 'compact'
compact /kəmˈpækt कमˈपैक्ट्/
Word forms: compacts, compacting, compacted
Something that is compact is small or takes up very little space.
...a compact camera.
2. transitive verb
To compact something means to press it so that it becomes more dense.[formal]
दबाकर छोटा करना
Walking on the paths compacts the soil.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'compact'
He spoke quietly but distinctly, he was energy compact , even his silences pinned the court.Coup d'Etat
Taking out her compact , she studied the old woman's face reflected in the mirror.Death of a Nymph
The top shelf was reserved for a large selection of classical compact discs.Alastair McLean's 'Night Watch'
Trends of 'compact'
View usage over:
'compact' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مَضْغُوط
- Brazilian Portuguese: compacto compacta
- Chinese: 紧凑的
- Croatian: kompaktan kompaktna
- Czech: kompaktní
- Danish: kompakt
- Dutch: compact
- European Spanish: compacto compacta
- Finnish: tiivis
- French: compact
- German: kompakt
- Greek: συμπιεσμένος συμπιεσμένη
- Italian: compatto compatta
- Japanese: ぎっしり詰まった
- Korean: 빽빽하게 찬
- Norwegian: kompakt
- Polish: kompaktowy kompaktowa
- Portuguese: compacto compacta
- Romanian: compact compact, compactă, compacți, compacte
- Russian: компактный компактная
- Spanish: compacto compacta
- Swedish: kompakt
- Thai: กระชับ
- Turkish: derli toplu
- Ukrainian: компактний
- Vietnamese: kết chặt
Translation of compact from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary