Hindi translation of 'companion'
companion /kəmˈpænjən कमˈपैन्यन्/
Word forms: companions
A companion is someone who you spend time with or travel with.
He has been her constant companion recently.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'companion'
She had the dog statuette, and the hope her canine companion would return.LIRAEL: DAUGHTER OF THE CLAYR (2001)
Of the two who were airborne, one swung off into an ascending curve, the other plunged down to rescue his companion.THE GREENSTONE GRAIL: The Sangreal Trilogy One (2004)
His companion (who was strolling directly behind him) veered sharply sideways to avoid a collision.BEHINDLINGS (2002)
Trends of 'companion'
View usage over:
'companion' in Other Languages
- Arabic: صَاحِب
- Brazilian Portuguese: companheiro companheira
- Chinese: 同伴
- Croatian: pratilac
- Czech: společník společnice
- Danish: ledsager
- Dutch: metgezel
- European Spanish: compañero compañera
- Finnish: kumppani
- French: compagnon compagne
- German: Begleiter Begleiterin
- Greek: συνοδός
- Italian: compagno compagna
- Japanese: 仲間
- Korean: 동반자
- Norwegian: ledsager
- Polish: towarzysz towarzyszka
- Portuguese: companheiro companheira
- Romanian: tovarăș tovarășide drum
- Russian: попутчик попутчица
- Spanish: compañero compañera
- Swedish: följeslagare
- Thai: เพื่อนเดินทาง
- Turkish: arkadaş
- Ukrainian: супутник
- Vietnamese: bạn đồng hành
Translation of companion from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary