Hindi translation of 'compromise'
compromise /ˈkɒmprəmaɪz ˈकॉम्प्रमाइज़्/
Word forms: compromises, compromising, compromised
1. variable noun, intransitive verb
If you reach a compromise with someone or if you compromise with them, you reach an agreement whereby you both give up something that you originally wanted.
समझौता mn/समझौता करना
A compromise will have to be found.
Would he compromise on his demands?
Make an effort to compromise with colleagues.
a compromise between things/people
reach/find a compromise
a possible/necessary/likely/reasonable compromise
a compromise plan/deal/agreement/proposal/solution
a compromise candidate/bill
compromise over/on something
compromise with someone
SIMILAR WORDSconcede, agreement, settlement
2. transitive verb
If someone compromises themselves or their beliefs, they do something which causes people to doubt their honesty, loyalty, or moral principles.
He is not prepared to compromise his beliefs.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'compromise'
This was no misunderstanding to be cleared by diplomacy, by compromise.In Love and War
Gaines was already seeking compromise , restraint; Harrell dismissed him with a single expletive.The Last Raven
Similarly, I'm never quite sure whether it's crime or sanctity which offers the least painful compromise for the human race.The Tartan Ringers
Trends of 'compromise'
View usage over:
'compromise' in Other Languages
- Arabic: تَسْوِية
- Brazilian Portuguese: compromisso
- Chinese: 妥协
- Croatian: kompromis
- Czech: kompromis
- Danish: kompromis
- Dutch: compromis
- European Spanish: compromiso obligación
- Finnish: kompromissi
- French: compromis
- German: Kompromiss
- Greek: συμβιβασμός
- Italian: compromesso
- Japanese: 妥協
- Korean: 타협
- Norwegian: kompromiss
- Polish: kompromis
- Portuguese: compromisso
- Romanian: compromis compromisuri
- Russian: соглашение на основе взаимных уступок
- Spanish: compromiso
- Swedish: kompromiss
- Thai: การประนีประนอม
- Turkish: ödün
- Ukrainian: компроміс
- Vietnamese: sự thỏa hiệp
- Arabic: يُسَوِّي بِحَلٍّ وَسَط
- Brazilian Portuguese: acordar
- Chinese: 妥协
- Croatian: postići kompromis
- Czech: dohodnout se učinit kompromis
- Danish: kompromittere
- Dutch: compromis sluiten
- European Spanish: transigir
- Finnish: tehdä kompromissi
- French: compromettre
- German: einen Kompromiss schließen
- Greek: συμβιβάζομαι
- Italian: transigere
- Japanese: 妥協する
- Korean: 타협하다
- Norwegian: gå på akkord med
- Polish: pójść na kompromis iść na kompromis
- Portuguese: entrar em acordo
- Romanian: a ajunge la un compromis
- Russian: пойти на компромисс
- Spanish: transigir
- Swedish: kompromissa
- Thai: ประนีประนอม
- Turkish: ödün vermek
- Ukrainian: доходити компромісу дійти компромісу
- Vietnamese: thỏa hiệp
Translation of compromise from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary