Hindi translation of consider
considerPowered by COBUILD /kənˈsɪdə कनˈसिडअ/
Word forms: considers, considering, considered
Definitions and Translations
1. transitive verb
If you consider a person or thing to be something, this is your opinion of them.मानना ⇒ I consider him a coward. ⇒ Others consider the move foolish. ⇒ Sidney considers that Mitchel has ruined his life. ⇒ consider something as something ⇒ consider something accurate/acceptable ⇒ consider something suitable/dangerous/safeThink is a common verb in English. Try to use different verbs in your writing. ⇒ Doctors think that the condition may have a genetic basis. ⇒ Experts consider the risk to be very low. ⇒ Some scientists believe that the temperature will continue to rise.
2. transitive verb
If you consider something, you think about it carefully.विचार करना ⇒ You have to consider the feelings of those around you.
Derived formsconsideration /kənˌsɪdəˈreɪʃən कनˌसिडअˈरेइशन्/ uncountable nounसोच-विचार mn ⇒ He said the idea needed further consideration.
3. → see also consideringNote that when you are using the verb consider with a that clause in order to state a negative opinion or belief, you normally make consider negative, rather than the verb in the that clause. For instance, it is more usual to say 'I don't consider that you kept your promise' than 'I consider that you didn't keep your promise'. The same pattern applies to other verbs with a similar meaning, such as believe, suppose, and think. He didn't believe she could do it. I don't suppose he ever saw it. I don't think he saw me.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'consider'
I would consider the full implications of this encounter later.THE GOLDEN FOOL: Book Two of the Tawny Man (2002)
Which meant... all sorts of things she couldn't begin to permit herself to consider.THE LAST TEMPTATION (2002)
Perhaps you should consider your situation more carefully, Captain.TREASON KEEP (2001)
Trends of 'consider'
View usage over:
'consider' in Other Languages
- Arabic: يَعْتَبِرُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: considerar
- Chinese: 考虑
- Croatian: smatrati
- Czech: považovat
- Danish: overveje
- Dutch: beschouwen
- European Spanish: considerar sopesar
- Finnish: harkita
- French: considérer
- German: betrachten als
- Greek: λαμβάνω υπόψη
- Italian: considerare
- Japanese: みなす
- Korean: ...을 숙고하다
- Norwegian: vurdere
- Polish: rozważyć rozważać
- Portuguese: considerar
- Romanian: a considera
- Russian: считать
- Spanish: considerar tener en cuenta
- Swedish: överväga
- Thai: พิจารณา
- Turkish: düşünmek hesaba katmak
- Ukrainian: вважати
- Vietnamese: xem xét
Translation of consider from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary